Dress up Prose Home Page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Dress up Prose Home Page?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marcy 1 year ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

janetskij
    Participant

The last time I used this forum I received some fabulous advice so I thought I’d try my luck again.

I am currently using the Prose theme and loving it’s clean style and simple interface. It’s perfect for my pages and post but a bit boring as a home page.

I’d like to dress it up a little with a responsive slider and other bits but I don’t think there are any homepage widget areas and I don’t know how to create them.

I wanted to use some of the tools that feature in this studiopress demo-site;
    Innovative theme

And of course, I want to make sure the whole thing responsive and clean (code wise).

Can you help me, please?

I’m still learning, so your clear and simple instructions are most appreciated.

Thanking you in advance…

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  janetskij.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  janetskij.
    http://www.spellandsound.com

Marcy
    Participant

Look at this plugin Genesis Prose Extras. It will allow you to create a widgitized home page, and then you can add the Genesis Responsive Slider.
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-prose-extras/

janetskij
    Participant

Thanks for that, it looks good. The only issue might be displaying some static, written content under the widgetised area.

I kindda want the best of both worlds….

Do you know how to manage both?

Marcy
    Participant

A widgetized area is like a sidebar. You can add more than one widget. So you can add a slider and then a text widget to the full width widget. You can just style the text yourself in the widget.

You can also use the featured posts widget more than once on a page. So you you could use it in a widget for category posts or recent posts with just images or images and titles like the little images to the right of the author area in Innovative.

You’ll have to try it out. :)

janetskij
    Participant

Sorry for the long delay,

I’m definitely going to give it a go. My site needs a bit of bling!

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll have to check out your site.

Marcy
    Participant

Yes, give it a go! :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dress up Prose Home Page?’ is closed to new replies.