Drop Down (Jump Box) for Pages

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Drop Down (Jump Box) for Pages

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

anitac
    Participant

I have 37 pages and their links that I need to add to a drop down/jump box. Is there an easy way to do this or a plugin? They are pages on the site and it would be nice to showcase those the same way the Category Drop Down box works.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

yakkas
    Participant

Try this, where you include the ID’s of the pages (or you can use exclude & page ID’s)

More info on wp_dropdown_pages

<form name=”form1″ id=”form1″ action=”" method=”get”>
    <?php $select = wp_dropdown_pages(‘echo=0&include=31,149,20′);
    $select = preg_replace(“#<select([^>]*)>#”, “<select$1 onchange=’return this.form.submit()’>”, $select);
    echo $select; ?>
    <noscript><input type=”submit” name=”submit” value=”view” /></noscript>
    </form>

anitac
    Participant

Thank you so much for responding. Do I place that in the theme or can I put it in a widget?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

yakkas
    Participant

You can put it in a widget, if you use a plugin to allow php in widgets.

Otherwise you can put this in a genesis hook (in this example ‘genesis_header_right’)  by adding this code to functions.php

add_action (‘genesis_header_right’ , ‘pages_jump_menu’);

function pages_jump_menu() {
    echo ‘<form name=”form1″ id=”form1″ action=”" method=”get”>’;
    $select = wp_dropdown_pages(‘echo=0&include=31,149′);
    $select = preg_replace(“#<select([^>]*)>#”, “<select$1 onchange=’return this.form.submit()’>”, $select);
    echo $select;
    echo ‘<noscript><input type=”submit” name=”submit” value=”view” /></noscript>’;
    echo ‘</form>’;
    }

Or if using the simple hooks plugin, then just omit ‘add_action (‘genesis_header_right’ , ‘pages_jump_menu’);’ and add to required hook placement

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  yakkas.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  yakkas.

anitac
    Participant

Oh, thank you. I really appreciate the assistance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.