dropdown nav width

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks dropdown nav width

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Cree 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hsimpson
    Participant

How do I change the width of the drop-down menu to auto-adjust to the length of the page title? Right now it is at a fixed width so some items run down to 4 lines or more with longer page titles. I am sure this is a simple css fix for those in the know, not a newb like me. I searched around online and found a css trick that worked, but the page title auto adjusted but the shadow background did not so the text ran off the color and it looked horrible. Could not figure out how to make it work right. I also searched the forum before posting. Thanks!!

Chris Cree
    Participant

Honestly you are better off choosing an appropriate width for most cases by editing the width in your style.css file. Without a link to your site it’s hard to give you specific recommendations.

Then you can edit the “Navigation Label” on the individual links in your menus. That way you can shorten up long page titles so that the work better in your nav menus.

If you try to do some kind of flexible width it will mess up your third level navigation flyouts. You probably don’t really want to do that.

hsimpson
    Participant

Got it, makes sense. Where would I change the width though? I’d like to experiment a bit and see if I can find the balance.

Chris Cree
    Participant

If you can post a link to your site then someone here could help you with that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.