Duplicate full width content (Going Green or Metric themes)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Duplicate full width content (Going Green or Metric themes)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

amaze
    Participant

How can I duplicate my theme’s full width layout? I need a second full width layout because each need to be styled uniquely.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    Duplicating it, I don’t know… that’s a big deal. :-) But I have another idea… for any page/post that needs “version 2″, just fill in the “custom body class” at the bottom of the editing screen, and of course, choose full width as the page size.

So let’s say I fill the Custom Body Class with with “supersize”. Then I just begin the CSS command with my new class, similar to this example:

[css]
    .supersize #content {
    background-color: slimegreen;
    }
    [/css]

And just make sure that class is not already in use elsewhere. That’s what I would do.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

amaze
    Participant

Super! Thanks!

David Chu
    Participant

You’re welcome! That’s the easy way. Using this concept I’ve made sites where every page is a different color scheme – probably overkill, but that’s what they wanted. :-) I also did the same thing using MODx, a different content management system.

And if your full-width thingie was a completely different design, then you can make a brand new template, and then select that template for a page, but that’s a bigger deal than nice CSS changes.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.