Duplicate topic created

Community Forums Forums Forum Bugs and Suggestions Duplicate topic created

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Moore 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bamajr
    Participant

This system won’t let me post a topic in “Design Tips and Tricks” as it says:

ERROR: Duplicate topic detected; it looks as though you’ve already said that!

But I haven’t already said anything and the topic I’m trying to post isn’t showing up where I tried to post it.

Why can’t I post to “Design Tips and Tricks”?

Where to find me: APP.net | Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Website

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  bamajr. Reason: Corrected Error Text
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  bamajr. Reason: Corrected Error Text

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Looks like it was submitted the first time but marked as spam. I’ve fixed this for you.

bamajr
    Participant

Thanks Nick…

Though, how is it that my post, as a paid member, gets marked as spam?

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

It is automated by askimet based on the email address and content of the post. It is somewhat confusing, but if it happens again let us know. Thanks.

bamajr
    Participant

Ok Nick,

If it happens again, I’ll let you know.

I’m still a little curious though, as to how Akismet marked me as a spammer. I write for and comment on several blogs, using Akismet and that same email address. None of my work on those pages has been flagged as spam, so it’s not like Akismet has blacklisted my email address.

Chris Moore
    Participant

I’m also having the SAME problem right now… It’s probably because I had more than one link in my post. I linked to a plugin I referenced (in the WordPress plugin repository), and I linked to a page on a website that I am diagnosing a problem on.

I think the forum needs to up it’s allowed link amount.

~ Chris M.

Resepctfully, Chris Moore
    Web Dev, CSS Hacks, & Biz Consulting @ MooreCreativeIdeas.com / Blogging @ ReflectOnThis.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.