Duplicating Files Loading ??

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Duplicating Files Loading ??

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

MM
    Participant

Hi,

From Pingdom, I can see duplicate files are loading, but how can I diagnose then delete the duplicate files being loaded?

i.e. css, the home URL html, google fonts

Thks

URL – mikemetcalfe.co

anitac
    Participant

Are they reporting the duplicate URLs – full URLs?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

MM
    Participant

Yes, duplicates of the following URLs exist:

1) http://mikemetcalfe.co

2) http://mikemetcalfe.co/wp-content/themes/eleven40/style.css?ver=1.9.2

Plus I think duplicate google fonts requests exist

anitac
    Participant

I know you design multiple websites – are you doing them like this: http://mikemetcalfe.com/FILEFOLDER – with individual file folders or subdomains? I know I’ve read that for web designers who use subfolders and subdomains, you will get this type of duplication. The fonts can’t be duplicate because they are being “fed in” through Google’s Font API, so they can only load once. Having a lot of themes in your file folders can do that too. I always recommend to my clients that they only have the theme they are currently using and then the default WP theme.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

MM
    Participant

Thks Anitac. Actually just this site right now – that’s enough learning ;)

Hence unsure why Pingdom shows duplicate homepage and css URLs loading ?

anitac
    Participant

Then, the only thing I can think of is that it’s picking up 1 set of those from your theme and 1 set possibly from the Genesis Framework itself. But you said it’s pulling eleven40′s css twice.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  anitac.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  anitac.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Duplicating Files Loading ??’ is closed to new replies.