Easy problem – Featured image

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Easy problem – Featured image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sebgates 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sebgates
    Participant

I am still in my first 2 weeks of using the Genesis Framework, so pardon me if this is child’s play. I can’t seem to be able to add featured images to pages and posts. They appear in the featured image section of the edit page, but nothing appears when I view the page or post. Am I supposed to use the featured image plug in? How do I control the appearance and featured images on the website? I am using the Sample child theme.

Thanks – Seb

braddalton
    Participant

You need to configure the Genesis theme settings > Content Archives . There you can determine what size you want your featured images to displayed on the blog page.

Where do u want to display featured images?

sebgates
    Participant

I have worked out how to add featured image thumbnails to the page with the article teasers. What I am trying to work out is if Genesis displays the featured image on the article page or the pages themselves. Some themes I have bought add a thumbnail to the teaser page and also display a larger image on the body of the blog post or page, usually the top or the top left of the article. Can I get the featured image to display on the blog post or page or do I have to upload the image via the media uploader to do this?

brian
    Participant

Same issue here. I would like to display the featured image in single posts as well.

braddalton
    Participant

You need to upload it anyway so why not insert it into the post and also save it as a featured image?

sebgates
    Participant

OK thanks Brad, so the deal is the Featured image is only for thumbnails and if I want to add the image to top of the blog post, I would add it as an image through the media uploader. Is that correct?

braddalton
    Participant

Yeah depending on the theme. You could write a custom function to add it automatically if its saved as a featured image but you may as well insert it manually.

sebgates
    Participant

Ok, thanks. This answered my question and solved my problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.