Easy Subscribe options

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Easy Subscribe options

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chalfant 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

chalfant
    Participant

Hi there,

I had feed burner but deleted it as I want more control and do not wish to have emails sent automatically.
    I’m not selling anything and don’t want to annoy my subscribers at all.

I am looking for a simple method for people to subscribe.
    The WordPress one wants feed burner so is there another decent option?

Thanks

http://thevaperstable.com/

anitac
    Participant

If you install Jetpack, there is a Subscription widget in there. When they sign up – each time you post a new blog, those that sign up will receive a notification in their email.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

chalfant
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks but I don’t want emails sent to my subscribers; unless I choose to.
    I have my site setup so only subscribers can make comments so need a way for them to do that.
    Thanks
    Charles

anitac
    Participant

Ok, confused…. what are they subscribing to if you don’t want emails sent to them? If you want subscribers to receive comments on posts – the only way for them to get them is via an email.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

chalfant
    Participant

Well, valid point but I just don’t want emails sent every time I post; which is a lot.
    I think I’m going to try Mailchimp options, thanks

anitac
    Participant

Using Jetpack Subscribe, the members’ themselves can select whether or not they want to be notified. There are two lines – one to received comments made after their own comments and then one to receive emails when new posts are added. So they can control what they want. I think if you limit what they receive and how often, you might shoot yourself in the foot – especially if you have a lot of subscribers. If page views, etc., are important to you – then these notifications will help to push them back over to the site.

chalfant
    Participant

Thank you, anitac.
    You make perfect sense and I did think of that.

Perhaps I’ll just stick with that then.
    Case closed and I appreciate all you do here.
    Charles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Easy Subscribe options’ is closed to new replies.