Editing individual page html in Midnight theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Editing individual page html in Midnight theme

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pyjamas55 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pyjamas55
    Participant

I haven’t quite got the hang of this yet, is it possible to edit the html code for an individual page in the Midnight theme and if so where is this done? I have been looking in the editor but it alludes me. Simple stuff I expect but a fog exists.

Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

What exactly do you need to edit?

pyjamas55
    Participant

Hi Brad,

You kindly answered my question the other day re-content area modifications without affecting other pages, you suggested page/post i.d from the source code, I haven’t been able to locate this and I’m not sure if you meant it was in the html or I could amend from the editor?

Thanks

braddalton
    Participant

Right click your mouse on the page, (take this one for example) and scroll down to the body class section in the source code.

Here you’ll find a line of code which includes the post/page i.d

[html]
    body class="topic bbpress single single-topic postid-36839 logged-in header-image full-width-content sp-forums
    [/html]

You can then use the postid in a new CSS rule as your selector to style that specific page or post.
    [html]
    postid-36839
    [/html]
    Example:
    [css]
    .postid-36839 {
    background: powderblue;
    }
    [/css]

And any content you add in the editor is specific to the page you add it to.

pyjamas55
    Participant

Great Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.