editing templates

Community Forums Forums General Discussion editing templates

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tracy 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Tracy
    Participant

Hi, I’m new to WordPress but not so new to web design and have been using Dreamweaver / html/css. So when editing my wordpress sites I know where to add the css div id and classes but not sure where to add the html part because I don’t know much php. What I want to do at this time is add some text/maybe address and phone number in the uppper right of my header section like this page I found.. http://spectrumlandscapingmn.com/ and my logo in the left of the header. I’ve tried putting some html in the widget area but It didn’t do anything.

Tracy
    Participant

Sorry, that is the Agency child theme I’m using

braddalton
    Participant

You can paste the HTML into a text widget in the header right widget area.

You can install the Genesis Simple Hooks plugin and paste HTML into the genesis_header_right  hook location.

Or you can write a custom function and paste it at the end of your child themes functions.php file.

This creates the new class which you can use as your selector and add properties for padding etc.

Sample CSS code:
    [css]
    .header-text {
    padding: 50px;
    }
    [/css]

Tracy
    Participant

Fantastic, I’ll give it a go. Thanks so much

Tracy
    Participant

I pasted that custom function and it’s giving me this error even when I remove it now.  Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/catfishw/public_html/wp-content/themes/agency/functions.php on line 104

braddalton
    Participant

Sorry!! I forgot the semi colon on the end. Tested it and it works now.

The code above has been updated in the gist.

Tracy
    Participant

Thankyou, I’ll play with it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.