Education 2: how to not add menu but still have Search field

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Education 2: how to not add menu but still have Search field

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

erikvlie
    Participant

Hi there,

Normally, I would tamper with CSS to make this happen, but adding CSS seems no longer to work with Education 2. I want to keep the search field where it is according to the Genesis theme settings page (next to primary navigation), but I don’t want the primary nav to appear. I have that one as a custom menu in the Header Right widget.

Can anyone tell me how to make this work? I tried adding CSS with Coda 2, but for some strange reason, the CSS I add is not what shows up in the browser…

erikvlie
    Participant

Never mind, folks. Just found it…

Susan

Did you move the location of your Primary Nav (in either your CSS or functions.php?), or did you just create a custom menu for your header right widget? (Without seeing your site, I can’t tell…)

The search field will appear where it normally would without a primary navigation menu, if you leave the Primary Navigation menu drop down unchecked under Dashboard > Appearance > Menus

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Susan

Glad you found – you responded as I was typing  my reply!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Education 2: how to not add menu but still have Search field’ is closed to new replies.