Education Theme: Disable Responsive Code

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Education Theme: Disable Responsive Code

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  weslinda 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anita
    Participant

My client doesn’t want the Education theme responsive anymore. Older people are viewing the site on different types of monitors and they keep saying the site is “broken.” How can I disable responsiveness?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

weslinda
    Participant

In the CSS file, you’ll want to remove all code after.  You’ll also need to remove the responsive code from the specific color file if they are using one of the custom color schemes.  I’d make a backup in case they change their mind.

/* Responsive Design
    ———————————————————— */

Loving the Genesis Life!

Anita
    Participant

Thanks @weslinda, I’ll give it a try and let you know if it works.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

Anita
    Participant

Okay, I am using the default color scheme. I removed the responsive code below the line indicated. Now when the site shows up on my Android or I reduce the size of the browser, only half the page is there. When you scroll right it’s blank white space.

weslinda
    Participant

If you scroll down, is the sidebar pushed?  May mean not all of the responsive CSS is missing. ALL of the responsive code must go, and if it’s calling a “color” file, then the responsive code from that stylesheet needs to go as well.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Anita
    Participant

It’s been a week or so but I tried it and when the site renders on mobile – there is a huge white block on the right side where the content is not showing. Do I need to remove the Viewport code out of there?

weslinda
    Participant

It’s very hard to diagnose an issue without being able to see the issue.  Can you provide a link of the development site?

Loving the Genesis Life!

Anita
    Participant

Oh, sorry – http://goo.gl/kxXcJ.

weslinda
    Participant

So in pulling the CSS file, not all of the code after
    /* Responsive Design
    ———————————————————— */
    is gone.  Everything from
    /* Responsive Design
    ———————————————————— */
    to the end of the file should be deleted.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.