Education Theme Header

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Education Theme Header

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  martag 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

martag
    Participant

During a recent update the logo from my client’s site has disappeared and I’m having trouble figuring out why and how to fix it.

I have used the code from the original theme files to replace the logo but still it will not show up. If I upload through the header upload function the white background disappears, it sits on the far left of the screen and then repeats.

We did have to make a change to the #header css to get the white to go all the way across and then have the logo sit on top. But I’m stumped as to why the logo would have disappeared after a recent update. I haven’t updated to Genesis 2.01 yet, wondering if it was Genesis 2.0 upgrade that changed things?

Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

http://jobinterviewcoaching.org/

nunotmp
    Participant

Make sure under Geneis>Theme Settings that you have image logo selected as your header. Right now you have dynamic text.

martag
    Participant

Aaah, that is probably it! That option is not showing under the Genesis Theme Settings. I had this happen once before, long time ago, need to remember how I restored that option on the settings page.

Only have: Information, Color & Style, Custom Feeds, Default Layout, Navigation, Breadcrumbs, Comments & Trackbacks, Content Archives, Blog Page Template, Header & Footer Scripts.

Anyone know how to restore that option?

~Marta

martag
    Participant

Thanks again nunotmp – that helped me track down the problem. Went to tech support and they told me about a bug in the theme that hid that feature. Removed:

the Custom Header code from the functions file and like magic… the logo/header shows back up!

~Marta

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.