Education Theme Home Page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Education Theme Home Page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mrsnoorman 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mrsnoorman
    Participant

I have had a WordPress site for a while now, but am new to using the Education theme.  I am currently using a static page for my home page, but I’d like to create a new one that uses the Slider etc. (All the stuff that makes the Education homepage look so professional)   Is there a way I can build it and preview it in draft mode?  I’d like to have it look good before I publish it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andrea Rennick
    Keymaster

No, there is not.

The home page is widgetized, and setting a static home page will override it.

There are a few Maintenace Mode plugins out there you can use to show visitors that you are working on the site, then you can set it up quickly.

**forum signature**
    If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Twitterholic

mrsnoorman
    Participant

Rats!  But thanks Andrea.  :)

So, what will happen if I unclick the static page as home page box?    Can I even do that?

I had a wordpress site before I purchased Education, and I think the static page as homepage was in place before I loaded the theme.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.