Education Theme iPad Responsive Fail

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Education Theme iPad Responsive Fail

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Terry 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

PresterJohn
    Participant

Me again (sorry).

My page (http://preachersinstitute.com/) is not displaying properly in the landscape configuration on my iPad.

I checked it here (http://www.studiopress.com/responsive/), to make sure it wasn’t my iPad misbehaving.

Please let me know how to fix it. I have subscribers from all over the world.

Thanks for the help.

WoodlandCoyote
    Participant

Hi John,

I was searching for something and came across your thread.

On my iPad, only the left side of your website loads in landscape mode. It’s responsive and displays just fine in portrait mode.

I would contact StudioPress support and see if they can help. They may have to refer you to a third-party developer/designer to help figure out what’s going on.

You have a great looking website, but I did note that it has a very slow load rate. But this problem is most likely independent of that.

Hopefully you’ll find a solution soon.

Cheers!

PresterJohn
    Participant

Thanks, WiggleChicken, but I was hoping some of the geniuses here could help. They usually figure everything out! It does load slow, and I’m not sure why that is, but I’m looking into it.

Terry
    Participant

Hi PresterJohn,

It looks like your media queries are messing with the responsiveness of the header widget area between 800 – 1200px.

Do you use FireBug or Chrome Developer tools to view the css? Depending on the browser you prefer, they are invaluable trouble shooting tools.

I just looked at this quick and using Chrome, commenting the #header .widget-area width statements at 2465 & 225 got you back in action. Try starting there.

Nice job on the site!

Terry

Customizing Genesis Child Themes @ MaroonTech

PresterJohn
    Participant

Terry, thanks. I took out the content of the header right widget and now it is displaying perfectly.

I’ll have to fix it, though, as I need that area for advertising.
    Again, thanks for the kind comments.

Terry
    Participant

So glad to hear that you resolved the issue.

You shouldn’t need to remove that content, rather just tweek (or remove) those width statements. Let me know if I can help.

When you add the advertising, you’ll probably need to get in the media queries anyway.

Best of luck on your site & Enjoy the day,

Terry

Customizing Genesis Child Themes @ MaroonTech

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Education Theme iPad Responsive Fail’ is closed to new replies.