eleven40 Child Theme home page post display help

Community Forums Forums General Discussion eleven40 Child Theme home page post display help

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

codrutturcanu
    Participant

hi guys

is there a way to make the eleven40 Child Theme display my first post instead of the latest post or page (on the home page)?

I’d really love to have this option available, otherwise I cannot figure how to do diplay
    the first post as the last, even with plugins such as Different Posts per Page
    it still won’t work

Thank you,
    Codrut.

anitac
    Participant

I don’t think there is a way to change that order, however in some notes I am reading – it says that you can Sticky the post so it will stay at the top. If you limit the number of blogs to 1 in your Genesis settings as well as the Reading settings, this might work for you.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

codrutturcanu
    Participant

thank you, I wonder, how can I sticky a post?

anitac
    Participant

Open up the post you want on the front – look over on the right for Visibility – click that. You should see where you can place a “checkmark” in the Sticky box. Do that and Publish/Save. Here is information on that – Sticky Post can be found closer to the bottom. http://en.support.wordpress.com/posts/post-visibility/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

codrutturcanu
    Participant

thank you very much, you were of great help and I learned something new today

best wishes!

Codrut Turcanu.

anitac
    Participant

You are so welcome.

codrutturcanu
    Participant

btw, I noticed the home page displays a second “except” post besides the main sticky post

any idea how to either disable that second post, or showcase several more instead?

thank you,

Codrut

anitac
    Participant

Can you post a link to your site so I can see it?

codrutturcanu
    Participant

anitac
    Participant

Under the Reading tab – do you have a 1 in there?

codrutturcanu
    Participant

yes, and I tried editing it  and the home page changed now :)

anitac
    Participant

Did you leave it at 1 and then 4 showed up? Or did you add a higher number?

codrutturcanu
    Participant

I manually added 4 in that field

anitac
    Participant

Oh, okay. So does that work out fine for you now?

codrutturcanu
    Participant

yeah, thank you, it’s exactly what I wanted to experience

it looks better now, don’t you think?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.