Eleven40 – Homepage posts

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Eleven40 – Homepage posts

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Spunky844 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mexiken
    Participant

I’m trying to get the home page of Eleven40 to simply display recent posts (up to the inserted <more> tag in the post), full width (up to the sidebar) rather than in the 2 column ‘boxes’.  If anyone can point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it! :)

thanks!

Brian Bourn
    Participant

That theme uses a home.php file to control the grid loop on the home page. If you remove that file from your theme, you can assign your posts the front page and they should display how you want.

Bourn Creative | bourncreative.com | Twitter

mexiken
    Participant

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!  I LOVE it when a problem ends up having a solution as simple as that! :0)

Thank you so much Brian, I really appreciate it!

Spunky844
    Participant

This doesn’t work. I deleted the home.php file and nothing is changed.

I created a blog page, assigned the blog template to it, went into settings and general and chose static post as my home page and selected the blog page that had the blog template applied. Now I’ve got just the three columns, but the full posts are not showing up. The youtube video is just the youtube link, no longer the video and there are no pictures.

I’m glad I got rid of the little 2 column option, but will have to continue trouble shooting on how to get the full posts.

I have full text selected under settings-reading. I’m telling the blog pages to show at most 10 posts, I have 4 and only three are currently showing…

I also notice that the blog page is also stripping out all the code so there’s no bullet points etc. I can’t find where to make the full text show…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.