eleven40: Style site title

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks eleven40: Style site title

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bill scheider 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bill scheider
    Participant

Hi there,

I’d like to style my site title so that I can have art of it a different color. (Carrie Dils has done something similar to what I want to do at her site http://www.carriedils.com/)

Since the title is pulled from the WP general settings, I can’t figure out how to do this. Can someone help?

TIA,

Bill

anitac
    Participant

If you use Firebug for Firefox, you can see how she did it. She used CSS and added her first name as a class.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

bill scheider
    Participant

Well I know how she did it. My question is more about where it was done; you can’t style the Site title in WordPress settings, so she must have added those <span> tags somewhere else and maybe used a function to add that instead of the site title?

Bill

Charlie
    Participant

She actually wrote a tutorial on how she did it.

PS You don’t need the Genesis Extender plugin. Simply add the first block of code to your functions.php

anitac
    Participant

Thanks for sharing that @charlielivingston. I’ve been to her site many times for helpful tips and never ran across that one.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

bill scheider
    Participant

@charlielivingston  I thought I had seen a tutorial on her site a few weeks ago but I couldn’t find it today so thought I was mistaken :) Thanks for posting the link.

Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.