Eleven40 why won't my "bold" work?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Eleven40 why won't my "bold" work?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

thewebcoach
    Participant

Hey All,

Getting frustrated… searched all over, still no joy.

When I bold text in the body of a post, it doesn’t bold when published.

Obviously, I need some tweaks to my css. Can anyone whip out a quick bit of code and tell me where to shove it! Seriously! LOL! This is so simple, but I just can’t make it happen.

Here’s my site, ShelbyAlumni.org

Thanks, Donna

http://shelbyalumni.org

David Chu
    Participant

Donna,
    I like your rambunctious style! :-) This does come up now and then. As I look at your CSS, both STRONG and B tags are styled as bold, so that’s good. And as I test in my Firefox Win7 setup, STRONG (which is the bold that the editor typically applies) looks good and bold. I don’t see other obvious suspects.

Some browsers are very literal with “boldness”. Are you using Safari or another Apple browser by chance?

I do have an idea. You have the Lora font in there from Google. You could try changing the call to that in your CSS. The following variation is more explicit about setting up regular and bold fonts. You’ll want to add the @ sign next to “import”, just like in the current CSS. (this forum bites off the “at” sign, even when I tell it to shove it)

[css]
    import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lora:400,700);
    [/css]

If that doesn’t work, you could try making this change to the STRONG and B code. It more forcefully asks for that exact font size above.

[css]
    strong, b {
    font-weight: 700;
    }
    [/css]

I think one of those should shove your text into boldness! :-)
    Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

thewebcoach
    Participant

BIG LOVE for David Chu and telling me where to shove it.

The first option to import the font url worked.

Now the alumni will no longer feel slighted because they aren’t bold. :)

Again, many thanks!
    Donna

ps. I’m using Google Chrome and Firefox on a Mac. Surprisingly, bolding only shows up in Firefox. Not Chrome. Eh, whatever! Can’t please everyone.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  thewebcoach.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  thewebcoach.

David Chu
    Participant

Donna,
    BIG HUG for you!

That’s wild, as Chrome Win and FF Win did the bolding AOK. Last time I fielded a related question, possibly with the same theme, I didn’t think of the extra font embed code, and I think the guy never solved it. So I guess I’d have to guess that the theme’s original developer was working on Windows and never saw no bolding. :-) [Is that just ungrammatical, or is it proving a negative?]

Now the alumni will no longer feel slighted because they aren’t bold.

You are a riot! We must talk again sometime!

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.