Embedded images for a post will not show on home page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Embedded images for a post will not show on home page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

afinevo
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’m running the Eleven40 theme and I have noticed that if I create a post leading with an embedded image, the image will not show on the home page with the excerpt of the post. It instead will revert to the next image in line that is not embedded. The beginning text excerpt of the post will start with the credit that is printed underneath the embedded image as well. It makes for a confusing first sentence of the post when reading the excerpt on the home page.

Can anything be done for this? I checked the theme settings and didn’t find anything that I thought would address this.

Thanks in advance!

Shea

http://allgaragefloors.com

braddalton
    Participant

You could try adding it as a featured image and using the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives > Display Featured image settings.

afinevo
    Participant

I had tried that before I posted Brad and it didn’t work. Plus, if I choose the featured image option when I edit the post, it wants me to select and image from the media library.

Any other thoughts?

AC
    Blocked

@afinevo, what do you mean by “embedded” image? Are you using some sort of “embed code” for the image?

afinevo
    Participant

Hi Anitac. Yes, it’s an embed code that I am using for the image. If you check this post here, the image at the top of the post is an embedded image or as say an image with an embed code. Yet if you check the home page, the image at the top of the post that I want to show is superseded by the second image that is in the post.

Thanks,

Shea

braddalton
    Participant

Hi @afinevo,

The reason it won’t display is because there’s no code to pull it in as a post thumbnail which is why you need to select a featured image for your archives.

If you prefer to use the first image embedded in a post as your post thumbnail on archives pages, you can add some code to your child themes functions.php file and then disable featured images in your Content Archive settings.

I wrote about this several months ago and supplied several solutions including code and plugins.

afinevo
    Participant

Thanks Brad. I was thinking that might be the problem. Do you have a link to any of those articles that you wrote?

Shea

braddalton
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.