Enable Automatic Updates Not Working

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Enable Automatic Updates Not Working

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  BobBobson 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

CathyEarle
    Participant

I manage several websites for my clients all using StudioPress templates.  I updates the Genesis template for the clients when the upgrades become available. I have two websites that I get no onscreen or email notifications that Genesis has been upgraded (one of these sites has been upgraded to WordPress 3.5).

For all the other sites I receive an onscreen notification as well as an e-mail notification. I have both “Enable Automatic Updates” and “Notify when updates are available” checked.

What else could be blocking this from showing up? In order for me to upgrade Genesis on this site I have to do it manually.

Susan Nelson
    Participant

A couple of my sites didn’t show the upgrade link until after I visited Dashboard > Updates.  You might notice there’s a number there showing there are things that need updated.  Genesis should be one of them.  Just visit that page and then go back to another area of the Dashboard and you should see the link.

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

CathyEarle
    Participant

Thanks I have tried that – still doesn’t show up. Everything is already up-to-date on the site (plugins and WordPress 3.5). For this site the Genesis upgrade link has never showed up (for the past year of upgrades) – all the other sites I manage show up automatically.

tfesta
    Participant

I am having the same issue.  3 sites showed the upgrade option and 2 didn’t.  I checked the Dashboard > Updates and no updates are listed.

tfesta
    Participant

Is there an option or method to update the theme manually?

Susan Nelson
    Participant

Here’s what Brian Gardner recommended to me this morning when I posted on Twitter about not seeing the update link:

If they are all running the Genesis Beta Tester plugin, it won’t show. Disable that, and then check for updates.

Susan Nelson | Oh, Hello Designs | Twitter | Facebook

tfesta
    Participant

Enable Automatic Updates

Notify when updates are available

I neglected to check the box in the genesis settings.  Whoops.

CathyEarle
    Participant

I have both these enabled:

Enable Automatic Updates & Notify when updates are available

Am not running Genesis Beta Tester plugin

CathyEarle
    Participant

I have both these enabled:

Enable Automatic Updates & Notify when updates are available

Do NOT have Genesis Beta Tester plugin installed

I HAVE Genesis Footer & Genesis Simple Edits running but have these two plugins running on all my other sites also.

BobBobson
    Participant

Same problem with both of my sites.

Please advise, the automatic updates feature was a particular selling point of this framework.

#update – after updating to WP 3.5.1, the email notification for Genesis 1.9 being available came through…   The yellow notification bar in the dashboard still didn’t appear though, but I could update Genesis via the updates section.

So there does appear to be (was) a bug in the previous Genesis version. I hope this current version will actually inform of updates next time :D

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.