Enable Genesis Layouts for All Custom Post Types

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Enable Genesis Layouts for All Custom Post Types

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jdingman 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

digisavvy
    Participant

I’d like to enable support of genesis layouts for ALL custom post types. I have the snippet below which will do it one CPT at a time provided I enter each CPT. Is there a way to write this to affect all Custom Post Types?

<code>/**
    * add Genesis layout options to custom posts types
    @author Brian Lis
    @link http://dev.studiopress.com/genesis-layout-options-for-custom-post-types.htm
    */

add_post_type_support( ‘your_custom_post_type’, ‘genesis-layouts’ );</code>

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

How are you registering the post types?

digisavvy
    Participant

The post types are being registered with a 3rd party plugin. In this Case Types and Views

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

that code can’t really be done to affect all post types. You may check with the plugin developer to see if the plugin can be setup to automatically include support for genesis_layouts.

digisavvy
    Participant

I know this isn’t a place for coding support, so thank you for your help, Nick. But couldn’t use a conditional statement !is_single or something along those lines?

jdingman
    Participant

@nick

What about a single function to set a specific layout for a specific CPT?

ie, if I have a CPT called “Themes” and I want all Posts under “Themes” to be set to the “full width” layout.  How would I do that?

Learn more about Genesis.

WordPress News, tips, and tricks – WPForce.com

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.