End of the World Plans

Community Forums Forums General Discussion End of the World Plans

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 24 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

So, there is a lot of stuff going on about the end of the world. It is just a couple days away and this morning I heard one of the local radio stations is sponsoring an end of the world party.

I’m going to have a party with some nice steaks and a cake. Not because it is the end of the world though. It also happens to be my dad’s birthday. A friend of mine is supposed to have a kid. Actually two different friends are scheduled for c-sections on Friday.

So those are my end of the world plans, anyone else doing something fun before the sun blows up or whatever is supposed to happen?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  nickthegeek.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  nickthegeek.

snakeair
    Participant

I’m going to do the same thing I do everyday during the week before I go to work. Hang out on the webmaster forum I’m a mod of, maybe write a blog post or send my followers a happy holidays message and go to work.

That’s my plan at least, it might change if it suddenly get’s really warm in my house. lol

Susan

Happy Birthday to your dad!

No end of the world plans for me – sadly, I’ll be at work (who doesn’t want to be surrounded by colleagues rather than family for the end of the world, right?)

Remember all the trepidation with Y2K? I remember needing to be in the office early on New Year’s Eve, because by that time, it would have gone past midnight in Sydney, Australia, and we would know whether all the computers were going to melt down by then. It’s the same issue here – is the world going to end at the beginning of Friday, or the end?

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Jen Baumann
    Keymaster

I’m baking cookies :)

Happy Birthday to your Dad, Nick!

If you need technical support for your theme please file a ticket.

The forums are community based. Staff only monitors the forum for issues relating to the forum itself and to redirect users to where they need to go.

Susan

I’m going to do the same thing I do everyday during the week before I go to work. Hang out on the webmaster forum I’m a mod of…

I’m glad I’m not the one one who does that! The first thing I do each morning is check this board for spam, get ready for work, and then come back on here to answer a few posts, before heading to the office.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Good point, it could actually be the end of the world tomorrow in the US since it will already be the 21st on the other side of the date line. That is why my dad is saying we need to give him cake tomorrow. I think he may just be trying to get 2 cakes though. He has a pretty monster sweet tooth.

willyr
    Participant

No problem then…  the end of the world will happens in Australia first, and that’ll give us time to open the bottle of champers and hoist one to a good run… or will it?  :-)

Bill

http://www.all-about-ottawa.com

http://www.fix-my-compressor.com

AC
    Blocked

LOL, you guys are funny! What a nice forum Nick! I hadn’t thought about anything special to do, but I’ll go buy a Birthday Cake and celebrate your dad’s birthday. I used to buy them all the time when my Mom was living. They knew me in the bakery. One day the lady said, “You buy a bunch of birthday cakes, you must have a lot of birthdays in your family.” I said, “Nope, but it’s always somebody’s birthday somewhere!” So, I’ll get a cake!

AC
    Blocked

Nick, I saw image this on Google+ with a caption that read, “PHEW” – https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-C02YEAUrfU0/UNHWUG5XoAI/AAAAAAAAJk0/O6jSqnUQ5bA/s498/12+-+1.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  AC.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  AC.

William
    Participant

The end of the world provided a great marketing platform for Friday’s restaurants – The Last Friday at Friday’s! Who wouldn’t want to end the world with a party?

AC
    Blocked

We need a LIKE button on here William! I want to go to Friday’s!

Susan

My favorite image is the 7 Day weather forecast here

AC
    Blocked

I need another LIKE button! LOL!

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

So I have a friend in Australia. It is the 21st there so I sent a message on Skype asking if the world ended yet. Skype shows she is online but she hasn’t replied so I can only assume that she is too busy trying to survive the total destruction of life by Mayan gods, meteors, Sun flares, earthquakes and who knows what else.

AC
    Blocked

LMBO, she’s at Friday’s celebrating!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.