Executive Call to Action

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Executive Call to Action

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Natr0n
    Participant

I’m having a problem with the call to action widget in Executive.  I typed in the text according to the instructions and the text still overlaps with the button.  The call to action button is not as far to the right as it is in the demo.  Also, unlike the demo, the text begins at a slightly higher level than the button.  I remember reading somewhere that there was a bug that caused this overlapping when the site is viewed on an ipad, but this is showing on my desktop.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

AC
    Blocked

@Natr0n, I split this out from the other discussion as it pertains to the Call to Action specifically. Please post a link to you website so we can take a look. Thank you.

Natr0n
    Participant

Here’s a link: http://tucsonduilawyers.net

There is also an issue with the Home-Top area that doesn’t seem to be pulling content from the feature pages I created out of the demo feature pages.  It looks like its pulling content from the slider posts.

Natr0n
    Participant

On the second issue, I should also say that the feature page widgets I put into the Home-Top area do not allow me to select a page.  I can put in the title, but there is no field for page.  I’m not sure if that is the problem, but I’m not sure how else the widget would know what page to take content from.

AC
    Blocked

I would suggest reviewing the Get Started instructions again. I think your code for CTA is incorrect. Also review the Home Top instructions.

http://my.studiopress.com/setup/executive-theme/

Natr0n
    Participant

Well, that’s what I thought at first, so I checked it a few times.  It’s a bit hard because, in the instructions, the sample code is written length wise so that you need to use a slider to view the whole thing.  That doesn’t seem possible in the widget, so you just have to write it all out in a paragraph.  Here’s a screen shot of the code I copied from the instructions:

Natr0n
    Participant

Hmm, it looks like my screenshot didn’t show in the post.  Is there a trick to that?

AC
    Blocked

No, you can copy the code you just have to highlight it all or use your keyboard short cuts. I am going to paste it here and it will probably do the same thing.

Well that didn’t work but this will – click this link to the code:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.