Enterprise Pro – how do I center primary sidebar when below content?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Enterprise Pro – how do I center primary sidebar when below content?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jhguynn
    Participant

I display a form in the primary sidebar of Enterprise pro. I’d like the primary sidebar to be positioned “center” when it moves below the content on smaller screen sizes. I’ve tried my usual css tricks applied to the primary sidebar class (and even to a div that I wrap the form in):

width: 360px;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    text-align: center;

No luck. The best I’ve done so far is to apply manual duct tape with ‘margin-right’ values for each @media stage. There’s got to be a better way!

Thanks for the help.

PS: site developed localhost, so I have no URL to provide (sorry).

jhguynn
    Participant

On page 2 already, so “bump”. Thanks for the help.

jhguynn
    Participant

Bump again. I really need some help with this: I want to have a primary sidebar of a fixed width (360px) and center it when it drops below the content area responsively. How do I accomplish the “centering’ part of it? Thanks.

jhguynn
    Participant

Bump. Anybody?

jhguynn
    Participant

Kinda bummed this has gotten zero response. Bump – one more time. Thanks for the help.

Tom
    Participant

(All of your ‘bumps’ make it look like someone has already engaged you with this problem, so no-one has actually jumped in.)

You need to float the item ‘none’, with something like this, applied here to the .enews-widget:

.enews-widget {
    width: 340px;
    float: none;
    margin: auto;
    margin-bottom: 40px;
    }

Screencap: http://postimg.org/image/y3lmmwjax/

Choose your next site design from over 350 Genesis themes.
    Updates via GenesisThemes.ca | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.