(Enterprise theme) How do I add an info pop-over to on-page links?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks (Enterprise theme) How do I add an info pop-over to on-page links?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Megan Gray 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

eranm
    Participant

Hello StudioPress people,

Apologies if my topic title sounds a bit strange, but I’m not sure how to word what I actually want to do, so will explain below.

I want to be able to add links onto pages or posts, that when clicked by the user, will pop-up a separate “window” containing the contents of a different page/post on the site.

So, for example, 1 link on the initial page would be for the FAQ, and another would be for a Tips/Hints page and so forth.

I can already sort of achieve this by simply configuring the link to open a whole new page using target=”_blank”, but that’s not actually what I want.

I just want a pop-over (of my chosen dimensions) to open which doesn’t contain a whole new page – just the post or page content on a blank white “page”, or even allows me to custom create the content that will show in the pop-over without having to refer to an existing page.

The reason I am trying to achieve this is to stop site visitors getting dragged all over the site seeking answers to their questions and then losing the original page where I have 2 calls to action for them to contact us for a quote.

I anticipate them clicking a link, reading the info in the pop-over and then closing that pop-over window down and going back to the original page they landed on. And, if necessary, do this for 2-3 or more links on the page.

I am sure this CAN be done (I have seen it many times before), but I am NOT a coder and can barely do minor css tweaks without someone holding my hand, let alone trying to edit the theme. If there was a plugin that did this and was WP/Genesis/Enterprise friendly, that did all the code editing for me, that would be IDEAL! :-)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this. I will send my first born your way as my way of showing my appreciation :-)

(well, not really, but hopefully you get the idea ;-) )

Eran

P.S: Whether it is a pop-over window or a light box, that’s fine. As long as it is fairly cross browser & device compatible :-)

Megan Gray
    Participant

Maybe look into Sugar Modal Windows Plugin, by Pippin’s Plugins: http://bit.ly/Z1qNIu

Or else browse a list like this if you’re looking for a plugin solution: http://www.tripwiremagazine.com/2012/11/wordpress-popup-plugin.html. Probably better than searching the entire repository, eh?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.