Enterprise Theme – remove author link using functions.php

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Enterprise Theme – remove author link using functions.php

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  geoffhopkins 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

geoffhopkins
    Participant

Hi

I’m using the latest version of the Enterprise theme and it creates a link in posts to the Author’s page template.

How can I remove this link (which is superfluous on my site)?

I know I could go into the single.php, archive.php and index.php files (and possibly others), but not only is this a pain, these mods will get overwritten everytime the framework updates.

What I’dmuch rather do is add a simple filter to the Child Theme’s functions.php file. That way, it (a) only requires a single mod and (b) only needs re-doing when the Enterprise Theme updates.

Unfortunately, I don’t know enough about php to create such a filter.

Are you able to help at all?

Thanks very much,
    Geoff

Ozzy
    Participant

check this page out http://my.studiopress.com/snippets/post-info/. is that what you were looking to do?

geoffhopkins
    Participant

Hi Ozzy – I’m sorry for the extremely slow reply. I have been away. I’m not sure if the info you sent (the url) solves the issue, but it’s certainly heading me in the right direction. I’ll send it to someone who has a greater ‘gift’ in these things than I do, and see what he makes of it.

Thanks SO much for your help Ozzy.

Cheers,

Geoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.