Entry Size Showing Larger Than It Is

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Entry Size Showing Larger Than It Is

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Porter 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Porter

When inspecting the page, if I hover over the details on margin, border, padding, etc, it shows the actual content as being 544px in height. The actual size is forced to be 504 (480 + 12 top and bottom padding). When you hover over the content area in the inspect element display, it shows the area as going far below the entry area (40 pixels below), all the way to the bottom image I have before my footer starts. I’m trying to close that gap, but seeing as it’s claiming to be the entry (which it’s not, or technically not), I’m not sure what to do.

Any idea what’s causing this extra 40 in my “entry” area?

iNeedHelp ? helping = false : helping = true;

http://foundingfathersbar.com/

AC
    Blocked

Can you be more specific – on what page are you referring to?

Porter

The home page, the .entry and the primary right sidebar – both have a set height of 504, but show as 544 when inspecting those elements. That spacing between the bottom of the entry, and the white line before the footer, isn’t supposed to be there, but is, and is the extra 40 pixels from the entry and sidebar bottoms that are just there for an unknown reason.

AC
    Blocked

It’s the padding of 4rem which is 40px.

Porter

Thanks for the help, knowing it was 4rem lead me to my answer. I wasn’t finding it because I wouldn’t see any changes unless I changed both my entry margin bottom, as well as the sidebar margin bottom at the same time (I didn’t know they both had it).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.