Error 500 Internal Server Error after update to 1.9.1

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Error 500 Internal Server Error after update to 1.9.1

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  1800HART 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

long_cycle
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve recently updated WordPress to 3.5.1 and then also updated Genesis from 1.8.1 to 1.9.1.

After doing so, I got Error 500 trying to access any WordPress page.

I fiddled around a little to see what the problem was, and turns out that if I disable my (custom) child theme the problem goes away.

Can anyone maybe point me towards some change between 1.8.1 and 1.9.1 on which a child theme could break like this?

I don’t think my theme does anything out of the ordinary.

Thanks!

1800HART
    Participant

This is a very similar thing that happened to me. I’ve been ignored trying to get access to other forum. I upgraded wordpress 3.5.1 then upgraded genesis 1.9.1 after upgrading all my plugins. Now none of my widgets in my theme stick and the SLEEK child theme reverts back to blank original state.  If it wasn’t for the “Widget Saver” plugin I would go nuts because I have to reset it every 2 hours or less. Something BIG is definitely wrong with 1.9.1 .. i.m.o. not the child theme

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.