Error in Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Error in Theme

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 23 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  hopeandfind 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

hopeandfind

Error says

The parent theme is missing. Please install the “genesis” parent theme.

nutsandbolts

I understand that, but you stated above that the Genesis framework has been installed and activated. If the framework is active, your homepage should look something like this: http://www.genesisframework.com/

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

hopeandfind

I have my domain

I will be transferring my wordpress.com blog and content over after I set up my .org

Should I not have done it local?

Yes Front end of the site shows Genesis as my theme. With no colours or customs just grey

nutsandbolts

It’s hard to say what’s causing the error, but it seems something didn’t gel correctly when you installed WP or the framework.

I would set up your hosting, then go ahead and install WP on your domain and try installing it there. You can always import your content from wp.com once the child theme is activated on the live site.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

hopeandfind

looks nothing like the special theme I bought

nutsandbolts

That’s because your child theme isn’t recognizing that the Genesis framework is installed, so the child theme can’t activate.

hopeandfind

Ok – I think I’ll go back to blue host and do what you say:set up your hosting, then go ahead and install WP on your domain.

Thanks so very much

sdbroker
    Participant

@hopeandfind That’s usually an IE11 error. Are you using the IE11 browser? If you are, click on the browser settings icon on top right, then Compatibility View Settings and remove your site from there.

hopeandfind

Hmm it’s my new mac – should I open Chrome
    to browse?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Error in Theme’ is closed to new replies.