Exclude the following Category

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Exclude the following Category

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  davidd 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

agapeonline
    Participant

How do I exclude a post category from appearing on my blog? I used the name of the category (Home) and the slug (Home-2) but they don’t work at http://21daysoftakingaction.com/

anitac
    Participant

Go to the Genesis Settings, scroll down and look for Category and put the Category ID of those in there.

Update: It’s actually under Blog Page – Exclude the following Category IDs.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

agapeonline
    Participant

Thanks for responding but I guess I don’t know what the “Category ID” is. The category is “Home”; the slug is “home-2″ and I typed both of them into the field “Exclude the following Category IDs:” but the post still shows.  What am I going wrong?

anitac
    Participant

Go to the Categories – and Hover over them and look at the bottom left or right corners of your screen. That’s the one pet peeve I have with WP is that they don’t show the actual category, page or post ID numbers automatically.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

agapeonline
    Participant

Wow – that was it!!! Why would they hide that?!?!? Thank you SO much.

anitac
    Participant

Right! You’re welcome.

davidd
    Participant

Thank you!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Exclude the following Category’ is closed to new replies.