Executive – Clickable Header Graphic

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Executive – Clickable Header Graphic

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  RenANDStimpy 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

RenANDStimpy
    Participant

We used the Executive 2.0 child theme for the first time last week and found that the header graphic, inserted via WP Dashboard > Appearance > Header wasn’t clickable (linked to the home page.) I looked around and saw a lot of complicated workarounds which said that you couldn’t used the WP Header, had to edit the theme’s functions.php file, had to define a background in the custom CSS, etc.

I don’t think that’s the problem. The root cause is that the only anchor link in either the Image Header – Partial Width (style.css: starting on line 227) and Image Header – Full Width (style.css starting on line 243) is the title.

If you add a line:
    .header-image #title-area a,
    below line 230

and you add a line
    .header-image #title-area a,
    below line 246,

you should be in business. You may find that your header image is only partially clickable (roughly the leftmost 275-300 pixels) but in our case that was more than adequate.

I’m not sure if that was an oversight when the CSS was created, but if anyone can tell me why this solution is incorrect, I’m all ears (or eyes – you know what I mean.)

RenANDStimpy
    Participant

PLEASE IGNORE THE POST ABOVE.

We found a way to break it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Executive – Clickable Header Graphic’ is closed to new replies.