Executive css problem

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Executive css problem

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  photastic 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

photastic
    Participant

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me with this css issue I’m having on a website that I’m creating for a friend of mine.
    I started using the Executive theme and am redesigning it to look a bit like the Windows 8 Modern UI (friend has a computer shop).

The problem is that the homepage & the “Diensten” page are ok but when you click on “Info”, “Downloads” or “Contact” when coming from the homepage or from “Diensten”, the layout shifts a bit and I can’t figure out why this is happening (I’m not quite a css expert :p ).

Another problem would be that the design I’m working on isn’t resolved by DNS yet as the domain needs to be moved once the site is finished.

So if you would like to take a look, you’d have to cheat DNS by changing your hosts file (Windows) but you probably know how to do so.

If you want to peak, enter this line in your hosts file :
    185.13.225.84 http://www.lyma.be

cheers,
    Hans

Trying to craft webstuff at Photastic Webdesign
    Learning Genesis by solving unanswered topics

http://www.lyma.be

eamonmoriarty
    Participant

“the layout shifts a bit”

If I understand correctly what you are referring to, I think that the “shift” is nothing to do with CSS and is not really a problem.
    I think that it is simply that some of the pages are longer than others. On the longer pages a scrollbar appears taking up about 15px of the window causing the content to shift.

Is that what you mean?

If you want to hide the scrollbars you might try adding
    body {
    overflow:hidden;
    }
    to the css file

Eamon Moriarty
    EM Dzine

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  eamonmoriarty.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  eamonmoriarty.

photastic
    Participant

oh my god I feel the most stupid person in the world now :o I didn’t notice the scrollbar to appear :o
    that’s indeed what I’m talking about Eamon!

thanks for clearing that out!

Trying to craft webstuff at Photastic Webdesign
    Learning Genesis by solving unanswered topics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.