Executive Pro Demo Site Theme Color Feature

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Executive Pro Demo Site Theme Color Feature

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TDogger 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

TDogger

I am setting up some sites to demonstrate various Genesis themes for my clients. The Executive Pro demo on the Studio Press site has a Theme Colors menu selection that allows users to change the highlight colors.

Executive Pro Demo

I tried using the URLs found on the demo site, but it does not alter the colors.

for example ?color=blue

That that demo use an additional plugin, or custom code, or am I missing something? The theme setup instructions do not cover this.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I just answered the same question about the Parallax demo yesterday. I’ve become a deliverer of bad news!

The Executive demo does work fine (unless you have a browser problem). Blue is the default when you get there, so if you click on Blue again, nothing will change. Try another color. The change is extremely subtle… you’ll see the “current” link re-colored, link color, and call-to-action button color. That’s it! You won’t get any dramatic Themeforest-like transformation.

I am going to take a stab at the other part of your question, though. I don’t have Executive, but often when a Genesis theme has a color selector, you go to Genesis…. Theme Settings, and then move slowly down the page. The color selector may be an unobtrusive dropdown. Try that. Beyond that, why not try official support, they may have ideas.

Good luck, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

TDogger

It looks like you did not understand my question. Let me clarify it further.

The color selection choice within the admin area does work.

I am not referring to a problem with the demo site at Studio Press. I am trying to duplicate that feature on a separate demo site I am setting up. The same name-value pairs in the URLs used on the demo at Studio Press do not work on the demo I am setting up.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  TDogger.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  TDogger.

David Chu
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

David Chu
    Participant

Here’s a method to set that up:

http://www.carriedils.com/body-class-querystring/

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

TDogger

Cool! I will check that out. Thank, David.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.