Executive Pro: how to make the header logo area "clickale"?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Executive Pro: how to make the header logo area "clickale"?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  losterhout 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

adriano

Hi,

I’m customizing the Executive Pro theme (http://my.studiopress.com/themes/executive/) — and I set the header area to be an image (sized 1140×100).

The logo is on the left of the image, within the first 200 pixels.

Is there a way to place an hyperlink within that 200×100 pixels area so that clicking on it would send to the website’s home page?

Thanks,

- Adriano

nutsandbolts

Hi Adriano,

Look in the theme’s stylesheet for the #title a CSS rules – that’s what you would need to alter. If you want to post a link to your site I’d be glad to try to help in more detail.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

adriano

Hi Andrea,

You can have a look at the website here http://www.vervaishr.com — it seems like the link is actually there, but since I’m using a an image rather than text for the logo, the clickable area only extends within a few pixels before the actual header image starts. In the resulting HTML is at:

[html]
    <div id="title-area">
    <p id="title">
    Vervais & Associates
    </p>
    </div>
    [/html]

If you have some suggestion as of how to extend that area underneath / above the header image to cover where the logo is that would be great. Otherwise I’ve seen that in the executive-pro v3 things changed in regards to the logo image, and that might solve my problem (although I’d have to transfer over my modifications to the updated version).

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  adriano.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by  adriano.

nutsandbolts

It may be worth it to switch to Pro – I see a number of differences in the stylesheet for your site versus the Executive Pro stylesheet, and they would make a big difference as far as the logo being clickable.

I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

adriano

Actually I do already have the Pro version — it’s just that the one I have on the site mentioned above is version 2.0, and I’ve seen that there’s a new (3.0) available which I might upgrade to in order to see if addresses what I’m trying to do out of the box.

losterhout

Was there ever any resolution to this issue? I’m having the same problem and have tried various methods recommended in the forums with no success. I’m a CSS novice, so I’m sure there’s something I’m missing. Here is my site:

http://rrlc.info

I just want to make the header image link to the home page. I can’t believe it’s all so complicated.

nutsandbolts

Hi losterhout,

In your stylesheet, find this:

#title-area, .header-image #title, .header-image #title a {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    height: 100px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    width: 25%;
    }

and change it to this:

#title-area, .header-image #title, .header-image #title a {
    display: block;
    float: left;
    height: 100px;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 0;
    text-indent: -9999px;
    width: 250px;
    }

That should make your logo clickable.

adriano

As far as myself, I upgraded from ExecutivePro 2.0 to ExecutivePro 3.0 — version 3 handles the header area differently from V2, and the header image / logo gets hyperlinked with the site’s url taking care of my problem / question above.

- Adriano

losterhout

Thank you both for your replies! nutsandbolts, that totally worked! I don’t know why I couldn’t figure that out on my own, but thank you! And adriano – I will consider upgrading as well – I’m sure there are other things that Pro 3.0 will help me with. Have a great day!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.