Executive Pro – responsive slider with sticky posts?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Executive Pro – responsive slider with sticky posts?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Summer 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jhguynn
    Participant

I’m using Executive Pro with the responsive slider on ‘frontpage’. Following the Executive Pro theme setup instructions, I’ve set the slider to show posts (not pages). Also per instructions, the posts are sorted by date. However, for marketing reasons I’d like to display the same featured posts in the slider, rather than have newer content replace old in the slider. If I make the posts targeted for the slider “sticky” is that sufficient to accomplish my goal? If not, how should I go about it?

braddalton
    Participant

Add the i.d’s for the posts to the plugins settings.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

blueivorycreative

Did that work for you? I just created a post category called “slider” and changed the settings on the slider only to display those posts. Therefore, only the posts I want are shown, but I can still update my blog on a regular basis.

jhguynn
    Participant

blueivorycreative: I thought of using a custom category, but then it would also appear in a list of categories. I prefer Brad’s suggestion to use post ID’s. You can still update your blog without repopulating the slider with newer posts.

braddalton
    Participant

The post i.d will never break even if you change the permalink.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Summer
    Participant

Another option is to create a custom post type called Slides and use that. That’s what I did on an Executive Pro setup where I have my slider images (just images, no content), and use that with Genesis Responsive Slider.

I’d thought about using the Portfolio post type, since for this site I’m not using it, but I decided against that route.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.