Executive Theme and Sensei plugin

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Executive Theme and Sensei plugin

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Terri 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Terri
    Participant

I’m using the WooThemes Sensei plugin with the Genesis/Executive theme and just came up against a stumbling block:

You will now need to find the correct HTML structure in your theme by opening your themes single.php or page.php and look for your themes container divs. In this case, these are the HTML divs before and after your posts content loop that displays the page content.

1. Edit wrapper-start.php
    2. Add the code snippet here: http://snippi.com/s/xyyg4gj
    3. After editing the code it should look like this: http://cld.wthms.co/zIGy
    4. Edit wrapper-end.php

Of course, there is no single.php or page.php file.  So, how exactly would I go about adding their snippets…and to which page?  functions.php??

Much appreciation for any/all help with this issue,

Terri

• This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Terri.
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by  Terri.

braddalton
    Participant

You could try copying these 2 files from Genesis into your child theme and testing it. I haven’t done this but it may work. (Not the best method in my opinion)

Using custom functions in your child themes functions.php file would be a better solution however you will need to write this code and test it.

Not sure if Woo have examples of this (you could ask) but editing parent theme files is NEVER a good idea as they will be overridden when your update your parent theme.

Terri
    Participant

Thanks for your input, Brad….I’m still reading through the Sensei docs to find a solution.  Thus far, I think Sensei is not worth the price of admission.  What a frustrating experience.  Can’t keep the login/logout links unless I use WooCommerce, and don’t really want to use WooCommerce.  But apparently, I’ll have to.

braddalton
    Participant

Maybe there’s an alternative to Sensei.

Easy Digital Downloads or Ecwid are a good choice in my opinion.

I go for the people behind the products which is why I like Pippins plugins.

Terri
    Participant

Darn…wish I had known about these other options before I let WooCommerce suck the life out of me over the past few days!  I’m so far into this now, and this site MUST go live in this week, that I’ve reach the point of no return.  I SO HATE eCommerce sites.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.