July 31, 2013 at 4:01 am #53353
the above page is not correctly showing the latest blog posts the latest one is dated 29 July.
I have the following set up:
settings > reading front page displays latest posts (If I do notchoose this the the default theme front page does not show on the front page)
Genesis > theme settings > blog page template all categories
Any ideas?July 31, 2013 at 8:28 am #53384
ACBlockedPost count: 7712
So I went over and saw the cute baby!! LOL, there was someone else had a similar issue a couple days ago. He had to totally get rid of W3 Total Cache and the blog started working again. I recommended he use Quick Cache until they find out what’s wrong with W3. He had cleared the cache, deactivated it but it was stuck somewhere in his database, so he just deleted it and installed Quick Cache. See if that works for you.August 1, 2013 at 5:43 am #53524
I was also going to delete W3 Total Cache until I purged the blog post page which seems to have done the trick. I can’t help thinking that all of the pages need to be cleared in this way also although I haven’t checked.August 1, 2013 at 6:01 am #53528
ACBlockedPost count: 7712
You should not have to do that all the time though.August 1, 2013 at 7:21 am #53536
True but I’m still experimenting with it to see how it performs. If it still gives me problems a week from now it’s history.August 6, 2013 at 2:39 pm #54448
darciusrexParticipantPost count: 3
I’m having the same problem with a site I’m working on. Where do you find W3 Total Cache? I’ve looked and can’t find it – must not be looking in the right place.
Thanks!August 7, 2013 at 4:33 pm #54741
It should be listed on your plugins pageAugust 7, 2013 at 5:05 pm #54748
OK so I deactivated and deleted W3 total cache and installed quick cache and everything works fine so farDecember 9, 2013 at 11:49 am #77857
I’m adding additional comentary here because I am still having problems with this issue but I’ve found out what has been happening.
Essentially, the cache plugins I have been using (quick cache lite) was interfereing with the blog’s RSS feed which in turn meant that it would prevent the blog post from showing up on the blog posts page. As soon as I DELETED it and updated the most recent post, not only did the post show up on the blog posts page, my social media accounts were updated with the goo.gl/fb yrl shortner. There had been a delay of 9 hours because of this.
When I published a post last Friday, the feed did not update for 24 hours which is why I’ve spent time getting to the bottom of this.
I’ve now reinstalled WP Super Cache and am due to publish another post this week so I’ll see how long the feed takes to update and report back here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.