Executive Theme – ERROR: The themes directory is either empty or doesn’t exist.

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Executive Theme – ERROR: The themes directory is either empty or doesn’t exist.

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cdils 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

arizonax3
    Participant

Running the Executive theme and haven’t made any changes in days… no upgrades to plugins, Genesis, WP, etc.  All of a sudden there is a red “ERROR: The themes directory is either empty or doesn’t exist. Please check your installation.” on the WP dashboard. The site seems to be working fine and you can navigate within the admin side.

This site is the only one on my WP multisite installation with this error. Could it be a theme error?

Thanks in advance for any help.

cdils
    Participant

Hrm… For starters, I’m not a Multisite expert. :)

Can you login via FTP or similar and see the physical files on the server? If so, just confirm that the Executive Theme folder is there as it should be (complete with a style sheet and a functions.php). Assuming it is, sometimes you can activate the parent theme (or any other theme) and then RE-activate Executive and that could solve the weirdness.

Not sure if that’ll work, but it’s the troubleshooting step I would try first!

Cheers,
    Carrie

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

arizonax3
    Participant

Carrie,

I am able to login via FTP and everything was there. I actually replicated the blog, deactivated all plugins and changed to default theme – but when I went back in, I couldn’t see the theme because it was broken.

After some troubleshooting and Googling, I figured out that I had changed some of the comments in the stylesheet that broke the theme somehow. I updated my stylesheet with the original Executive theme comments and everything started working again. Yahoo!

Thanks!

Andrea

cdils
    Participant

Andrea – glad you got it fixed!

Have you been helped in this forum? Pay it forward and answer someone else’s question. I bet you’ll know the answer to at least one question. :)

I tweet @cdils.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.