Executive Theme – navigating through portfolio pages?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Executive Theme – navigating through portfolio pages?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mary.geitner
    Participant

Another related question … site is 9-VOLT.com. On the portfolio page, it would be excellent if users could, once on a page within the portfolio, click or arrow or choose to see “next” project. Any way to do this? As is seems now, users must backtrack to portfolio landing page w/ all the feat. images and choose another project to look at.

Thanks, again!

Mary

http://www.9-VOLT.com

braddalton
    Participant

mary.geitner
    Participant

I’ll check that out. FYI I’m ignorant about PHP files; I don’t know what they mean nor do I write PHP, so if you’ll tell me where to drop that code in I’ll try it.

Also, I’m new to hooks — I realize it’s a basic feature, but once I change that PHP file in the child theme, what do I add to each page within the portfolio to make the functionality appear?

Appreciate your step by step help here. I’m messed things up royally trying to hack away at things, so I’m shy about altering files too much.

Any feedback about the site (9-VOLT.com) appreciated.

Thanks!

braddalton
    Participant

I suggest you install WordPress locally and test everything there.

The code adds single posts navigation only to posts assigned to the CPT.

All you do is ad it at the end of your child themes functions file.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.