Executive Theme Portfolio question

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Executive Theme Portfolio question

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hannab
    Participant

Hi, I have a test-site where I play around with themes and plugins before customizing them for a client. I’m using Executive for the first time. I imported all the sample data but I can’t get the Portfolio to look like it does in the Demo.

My Portfolio page is empty (and I do indeed have the Portfolio posts imported). I’ve followed all steps in the theme “Get Started” but it just doesn’t work. Last note in the “Get Started” says that the Portfolio relies on Custom Permalinks but doesn’t describe what I need to do to get them customized correctly. Not sure if that is the problem.

Please check it out and let me know what I am doing wrong.

http://highmarkdesigns.com/newsite/category/portfolio/

If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space.

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m not exactly sure, as I don’t have Executive, but I have a couple thoughts for you.

I looked at the Studiopress demo. Their Portfolio demo appears to be a Page template. Your menu, by contrast, appears to have a “Category of Portfolio” as the menu item.

If you want it to work like the Portfolio Page in the demo, I would suggest trying this: make an actual Page called Portfolio. Instead of writing any content, just go to the right and in the template drop-down, choose Portfolio, and save. Then put that Page into your menu instead of the “Category of Portfolio”. Have a peek at that, and see if that helps.

If not, I bet official tech support would be happy to fix you up.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

hannab
    Participant

Hi Dave, that seemed like a great idea — until I tested… there is no “Portfolio” template under templates in the Page editor.

When I look at the code for the SP demo page for Portfolio, it looks to me that it is a Category page, not a Page. The body class says “archive post-type-archive…”

Any other ideas? Haven’t heard anything from tech support as of yet.

//Hanna in Tahoe

If you’re not living on the edge, you’re taking up too much space.

David Chu
    Participant

Aha… when you do the dropdown for page templates, Portfolio does show up. Slightly misleading. :-) I can’t get further without being hands-on. Maybe an Executive theme geek will chime in.

In that case, I’d bet on the instructions being off, so you may get some joy from tech support.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.