Expats in Norway launched

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Expats in Norway launched

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Abuzer 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ooberdave
    Participant

I’ve finally beta launched XPAT.no – the information portal and discussion forum for expats living and working in Norway. It’s a long way from where I want it to be, but hey, baby steps :)

It’s based on the News theme, with BuddyPress and bbPress providing the community elements.

Any comments welcome!

I’m also looking for a freelance developer with some bbP/BP experience to help me take it to the next level, so I can concentrate on content and managing the community.

AC
    Blocked

That looks great! I am trying my hand at Buddypress with Genesis right now. I hope to launch the site soon and place it over hear for review. The bbP looks great on the front also. The site is clean and easy to read also.

ooberdave
    Participant

Thanks for the feedback! There were a few fiddly bits getting it all to play nicely together, but overall it wasn’t too difficult an experience.

There’s plenty of CSS I need to improve especially with the profile pages, but it’s a relief to get something launched at least.

AC
    Blocked

What slider are you using on the home page? I really like that.

ooberdave
    Participant

It’s Soliloquy Lite, which as the name suggests is the free version of Soliloquy!

AC
    Blocked

Oh, great. Someone else just suggested that to me. Thanks for sharing.

Abuzer
    Participant

Looks really nice, like the fact that your already building a community. How are other Norwegian expatsites?

I’m also building something for expats, and everybody else who wants to read about Holland in English (http://www.DutchReview.com)

Think my site could benefit from buddypress and bbpress?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.