Extend Header Background in Modern Portfolio

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Extend Header Background in Modern Portfolio

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hard Boiled Greg 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

gtappend
    Participant

I am trying to re-design my website using the new Modern Portfolio theme.

I would like the header background to be continuous across the entire width of the screen, as the footer width is, but no matter where I put the colour code into the stylesheet it gets ignored.

Has anyone else managed to do this?  Or can anyone let me know which CSS code I’m overlooking?

Here’s the site: http://www.tappenden.de/

• This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  gtappend. Reason: URL added
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  gtappend. Reason: URL added

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi gtappend,

The WordPress custom header feature can be frustrating. Add the following to your #header rule:

background-color: #fff500 !important;
    background-position: center !important;
    max-width: 100%;

Let me know how that works out for you.

Take care,

Hard Boiled Greg

gtappend
    Participant

Hi Hard Boiled Greg,

thanks – that works!  I must have been almost there at one point today, but missed off the !important.

The only thing is, that the background image for the header gets shifted slightly to the left as a result.  But I guess I can fix that by moving the text in the image slightly if there isn’t a CSS solution.

Hard Boiled Greg
    Participant

Hi gtappend,

Using the “center” value for your background position will ensure the header is centered at all browser widths.

You would be best to edit the image so the text is centered within it as well.

Take care,

HBG

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.