Fan Site ala Mindstream

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback Fan Site ala Mindstream

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ipstenu 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ipstenu
    Participant

I had a couple rules: It had to be responsive, it had to feel clean, it had to be easy to read for vision impaired, and it had to be green.

http://jorjafox.net/

I ripped out ‘a lot’ of the features of the theme, sadly, like post-formats and the images for it, but the basic layout of the site clicked as soon as I did that, and it was exactly what I needed. It finally feels clean enough and green enough ;) but also my vision impaired visitors love it. I swapped the background to one from another theme (stone background vs grid) for the more casual feel, and since I don’t use Post Formats, I just tossed those and the images. I switched the links to blue on the main content, after years of tradition and users who need more hand-holding. From a code perspective, I’m good with getting my hands dirty, but having it all managed is just so easy. I regret nothing.

Everyone has been giving rave reviews since the Mayan Apocalypse. I finally feel comfortable, and not itchy like there’s something I could do better.

If you really want to bake your noodle, the gallery and wiki don’t use WordPress.

Thanks, Andrea and Brian. You’ve converted me forever.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

In general I like it quite a bit. I especially like the font choice for the headlines.

I think the one thing that feels out of place is the footer widgets. I think I would take the border and background for #footer-widgets .wrap and set that as the border/background for #footer-widgets so it is full width instead of in the .wrap. It works on Mindstream because there isn’t a background but here it feels a bit blocked, if that makes sense.

Ipstenu
    Participant

That does make sense.

The font is Abel, and I pulled it in via Google :) I just like how firm and calm it is ;) I also love Lobster, but it’s so overused now. *tsk*

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.