Featured Box – Issue with Internet Explorer Browser

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Featured Box – Issue with Internet Explorer Browser

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  manager 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

manager

Hi there,

I have 4 featured boxes set on the Home page in the Home-Bottom widget of Outreach Pro theme. If I use such browsers as Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, the 4 featured boxes are displayed nicely all in one line which are what we like. However, I’ve just tested Internet Explorer Browser this morning to search for the website and the Home page has shown that one of the 4 featured box was out on to another row so there were 3 featured boxes on 1 row but the last one on the right was left out to another row.

How could I fix to have 4 featured boxes displayed on the same row if the website is displayed on Internet Explorer Browser? Thank you very much for your attention to this issue.

This website works on Outreach Pro theme and the featured boxes are put in the Home-Bottom widget. Here is the code in Stylesheet.

.home-bottom .widget {
    float: left;
    margin-left: 2.564102564102564%;
    width: 23.076923076923077%;
    }

.home-bottom .widget:nth-child(4n+1) {
    clear: both;
    margin-left: 0;
    }

.home-bottom .featured-content img {
    -webkit-box-shadow: 1px 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    -moz-box-shadow: 1px 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    box-shadow: 1px 1px 4px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    }

.home-bottom .widget-title {
    color: #fff;
    font-weight: 700;
    }

http://www.armidaletreegroup.org.au

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

What version of Internet Explorer (and Windows) are you using?

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

manager

Hi Nutsandbolts

Thank you very much for your reply.

It is actually an old version, Internet Explorer 8, sorry we just realised. Perhaps it is too old version that is why not showing like other browsers. What is your opinion?

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

That’s likely the issue. I see issues in IE8 and lower, but not IE9 and newer.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

manager

Thanks. So we are not too worry about this issue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Featured Box – Issue with Internet Explorer Browser’ is closed to new replies.