Featured Image

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davinder Singh Kainth 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

pixiegrl

Is there a way to have the featured image automatically display at the top of my blog posts? Ideally, I would like to add the featured image (in the nifty box already there) and have it automatically populate at the beginning of my post so that it will show on the page for it.

Is there some way of doing that so that I don’t have to insert the same image manually? Right now on mmy landing page, the featured image shows as a thumbnail which is exactly what I want, but when you click into the post, it does not show.

http://www.mamamouse.com

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Check this – http://sridharkatakam.com/add-featured-image-belowabove-post-page-titles-executive-pro/

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

pixiegrl

Thanks. I actually just saw a post that said if I leave the featured image box empty and just insert the picture where I want it, Genesis will create a thumbnail featured image for my landing page. I tried it and it worked, but does that cause an issue with it being a responsive theme, etc. or should I go ahead and do as you suggested?

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

If you follow that tutorial, then whatever image you upload through featured image section – that will show above post. If you do not upload any featured image – nothing will show.

Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

pixiegrl

Awesome! Thank you so much and thanks for getting back to me so quickly! :)

pixiegrl

I added the code in both places and it did not change anything. I am wondering if the problem is that I am using the Adorable theme. Also, in the code it has a specific size for a landscape picture, but sometimes my featured image is a portrait image. Is there a way to allow for that as well?

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

There are lot of ways you can manipulate “featured image” display – check list of tutorials and see which one works for you – http://sridharkatakam.com/?s=featured+image

If still issue, update the thread.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.