Featured image in Corporate

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Featured image in Corporate

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

BondsVABonds
    Participant

Hey there,

Please excuse my ignorance and excuse me if this post is in the wrong area. I am relatively new to WordPress in general and Studiopress in particular.

I recently bought, downloaded, and installed the Genesis framework + the Corporate theme. I basically want a setup just like the demo. (It’s amazing how difficult it is to find a theme where the main image of the index page will link to a page versus a post.)

My issue is that I have no main image on the homepage. Is this something I need to create within the (static) home page? Am I using the wrong static page (currently ‘sample page’)? I’ve tried adding Genesis Featured Page in the Featured are of the widgets. The page I am attempting to feature has a featured image. Is the size wrong? Do I need the Genesis Grid plugin? I do not want a slider, unless that slider can contain 1 image and link to the page.

All help is gratefully appreciated.

http://www.vabonds.com

anitac
    Participant

Did you follow the instructions here – http://my.studiopress.com/setup/corporate-theme/. You don’t use a static page for the home unless you don’t want the widgetized home page. If you have a static home, you will not have a place for the slider or use of the other home page areas. The Featured Image is used for Thumbnail purposes only in the widgets and in the Blog Archive. They will not automatically show up at the top of your pages/posts. You have to manually add the images to the body. No need for the grid plugin. The slider can contain one image and link to a page.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

anitac
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.