Featured image size not displaying correctly

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Featured image size not displaying correctly

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

mpet29

Using News Pro, I added a Featured Posts widget to the home page, and set it to show (home-bottom 150×150). But when I upload a featured image to the appropriate post, it shows up at the full width of the column, not the small 150×150 box I would expect it to. Is there a reason why?

anitac
    Participant

Please post a link to your website so we can see what this looks like.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

mpet29

It’s not on a live server yet so I can’t give a link, but I can show what I mean. This is straight out of the box News Pro, I only installed it yesterday and haven’t made any edits to CSS or PHP yet.

The widget setting: http://imgur.com/FypEdGN

The output: http://imgur.com/nJJBUf4 (the pic extends way north of where I cropped this, showing the guy’s full face. I was expecting a 150×150 image as shown in the setting and also in the live News Pro demo.

Thanks for your assistance.

anitac
    Participant

Did you have another theme previously activated on this local install?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

mpet29

Just the Twenty Thirteen that WP comes with, and the Genesis parent theme briefly. I also downloaded InstantWP to test there (so, completely independent of the main site) and got the same behavior.

anitac
    Participant

Install the Regenerate Thumbnails plugin. Run that and let me know what happens.

mpet29

Thanks! I did that and it has run successfully, but I am still seeing the same behavior.

anitac
    Participant

Deactivate the InstantWP. There may be a conflict with that.

mpet29

It is deactivated — here, I was able to make it a live link to show you: http://www.fangraphs.com/tht/

anitac
    Participant

You code is exactly the same as the demo. So, go the Settings > Media and see if 150 x 150 is still set in there.

anitac
    Participant

I think I know the issue. You’ve made a child theme of a child theme. That I believe is where you conflict is coming from.

mpet29

Yes, I believe so

http://imgur.com/dgdTxwf

mpet29

Yes — I did. I wasn’t sure if News Pro was already a child or if i needed to do a child off of that for security. You think that was not necessary?

anitac
    Participant

Nope. News “is” a child theme for the Genesis Framework.

mpet29

Thank you. However, when I switch back to the regular News Pro theme (refresh and you can see), the pic moves to the left, yet is still huge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.