Featured Image with Text Overlay with Magazine Pro

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Featured Image with Text Overlay with Magazine Pro

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  avgjoegeek 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

avgjoegeek

OK, I’m stumped so I figured I’d ask. I was able to hack something together but it isn’t 100% there.

I have a client who is determined to use Magazine Pro as their theme. Which is a nice theme but…

What I want is in the “Home Top” widget area. I want to put a full-width image in this are with some text overlayed over the top of the image…. floated to the right. I need to be able to change the text in the future so I’m stuck doing it like this :)

The issues are a) how could I integrate it into the theme better? b) How could I make it responsive like the rest of the site?

Thanks ahead of time for your help! I’m just a little burnt out on trying to figure this out!

http://my.studiopress.com/themes/magazine/

braddalton
    Participant

I think whats best is to somehow display the image title, alt text or image description overlay the image and then use CSS to position and style it.

I know you can hard code the text into the HTML but that’s not going to make it easy to change.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

avgjoegeek

Brad. I think I have most of it figured out. Needed to stop over thinking it as the theme has the Classes I needed already.

Created a txt widget called the correct class for the image I’m using. Just need to do the same for the text and add the CSS for positioning it.

Thanks for the help :-)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.