Featured images in RSS and MailChimp – HELP!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Featured images in RSS and MailChimp – HELP!

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

theViatrix
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m having a heck of a time trying to get my featured images to show up in my RSS feed…I feel like I’ve tried everything! This came up because I wanted them to appear in MailChimp, but I noticed that they weren’t showing up in my RSS feed either. I’ve created a custom feed, I’ve installed the WP RSS Images plugin… still not working.

BUT

when I checked out my RSS feed in a feed reader I noticed that featured images DO show up on older posts–ones posted before I installed Genesis (I was using a free WooTheme before).

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I’m not a developer/programmer so I’m getting frustrated!

Thank you so much in advance!

http://theviatrix.com

braddalton
    Participant

braddalton
    Participant

Another option is to add PHP code to the end of your child themes functions.php file using a code editor.

This will work for your RSS feed but not MailChimp as you need to configure the MC settings for that.

Code not displaying? Grab it on Github.

theViatrix
    Participant

braddalton – thank you so much for your suggestions! Unfortunately, none of them seem to work :( (at this point I’m just testing in my RSS feed as that seems to be the real problem). Any other ideas? Any idea why old, pre-Genesis posts show featured images and new ones don’t?

theViatrix
    Participant

Another thought:

I found this in my old theme’s code; maybe I can adapt it to work here? I don’t know PHP – what would I substitute for “woo”? (or does it even work like that?)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  theViatrix.

theViatrix
    Participant

Sorry, trying to get the code in… it’s here

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/03ba7b750ca618f353c1

braddalton
    Participant

I tested the code and it worked fine for me.

theViatrix
    Participant

Hmm… don’t know why it isn’t working for me! Makes me wonder if I’ve got some wonky code somewhere else or if there’s a checkbox I missed…

theViatrix
    Participant

I think I got it! I enabled featured images on content archives in my theme settings and that seems to have done it.

Thanks again braddalton for your suggestions!

braddalton
    Participant

On top of that Feedburner also caches feeds meaning you need to Ping Feedburner or wait 12-24 hours before it updates and your featured images display in your feed.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.